Friday 8 June 2012

MAC Hey Sailor Collection - SUMMER 2012 Collection - Initial thoughts & Swatches

MAC Hey Sailor Collection - SUMMER 2012 Collection - Initial thoughts & Swatches

I recently purchased 3 products from MAC's Hey Sailor collection. I wasn't really interested in a most of what was on display except for one of the eyeshadows.  MAC's "Jaunty" was the eyeshadow that I really wanted. However, I did end up buying the "Blue Stripe" powerpoint eye pencil and "Fleet fast powder blush. I do love the packaging of this collection. Let me know what you purchased from this collection :)



In its original packaging

Fleet Fast powder blush is a satin finish with tiny flecks of shimmer. I don't think that this blush is unique or special...just another one of MACs standard blushes - I will really need to try this out on my cheeks!

*Price: A$43 - SOLD OUT online at www.maccosmetics.com.au
 Fleet fast powder blush

 *Price: A$35 - SOLD OUT online at www.maccosmetics.com.au but I am sure that is still stock in the stores. Check out Myer and David Jones.

Eyeshadow Jaunty is a frost finish and it swatches well without a primer or base. It's a lovely beige colour.
Jaunty eyeshadow in Frost finish


Blue stripe power point eye pencil is sort of a metallic finish in my opinion. I think it will look very nice on as liner on top or the lower lash line as a pop of colour. Once it sets it STAYS.

*Price: A$34
"Blue Stripe" powerpoint eye penicil

Swatches (Left to right): Fleet fast blush, Jaunty eyeshadow, Blue Strip eye pencil


*All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars.


No comments:

Post a Comment